The Diamondbacks swept the Chicago Cubs in a three-game home series and finished a stretch of winning six out of seven games over the wildcard-chasing Cubs. In fact, the Diamondbacks big weekend spurt now improves their betting odds of the making the playoffs dramatically.
Now, with those wins, Arizona is in a great spot to reach the postseason in 2023.
D’backs Odds are ALL OVER the Place
With the wild but successful weekend, the odds for Arizona changed quite a bit. The Diamondbacks are now -140 to reach the postseason. It has been an up-and-down ride for the odds to reach the postseason, and with two weeks to go, the -140 is the worst odds yet for bettors.
However, if you are looking at an underdog right now, Arizona is ALSO +120 to miss the playoffs in 2023.
Arizona, who will be either the fifth or sixth seed if they make the postseason, will start their best of three series on the road. The Diamondbacks will almost certainly be slight underdogs in the three-game series, regardless of who they play.
The Braves and Dodgers are waiting for the two wildcard series. But, to think about it, the Arizona Diamondbacks are 22/1 to win the National League.
Why stop there? The Diamondbacks have shown red-hot play, but they would need to get hot and stay hot to cash this, but nothing a good winning streak cannot stop. Arizona enters the new week at 50/1 to win the 2023 World Series.
Arizona remains home for two big games against the San Francisco Giants. The Diamondbacks have Zac Gallen and Merril Kelly set up for these two games. Following that, the Diamondbacks go on the road for six straight. The good news for Arizona is they are six games in a row ago against non-playoff teams.
The Diamondbacks go to New York to take on the Yankees and back to Chicago to see the White Sox. Arizona then finishes the 2023 regular season at home for three games against Houston.
Rest of the World Series Odds
With two weeks to go, the Major League Baseball playoff chase is down to 16 teams for 12 spots. Currently, the Atlanta Braves, Los Angeles Dodgers, Baltimore Orioles, and Tampa Bay Rays are in the postseason.
The other 12 teams will be decided over the next two weeks. The updated betting odds to win the 2023 World Series are as follows:
The Five Favorites
- Atlanta Braves +310 – the Braves are right on the doorstep of 100 wins and the top seed in the National League. Atlanta is crushing opponents at hitting the baseball out of the ballpark.
- Los Angeles Dodgers +450 – the Dodgers have the second-best odds, as oddsmakers feel a National League team will win the World Series. The Dodgers have run away with the NL West over the past two months.
- Houston Astros +550 – Despite being a losing streak away from not even making the playoffs, Houston has the best odds to win the American League. The motto to be the champs, you have to beat the champs comes into play with this team.
- Baltimore Orioles +750 – The best record in the American League and leaders of the American League East; this is a fun team to follow. Their lack of postseason experience could come into play as October arrives.
- Tampa Bay Rays +900 – They only lost 80% of their rotation and starting shortstop, yet still eight wins shy of 100 on the season. The job Kevin Cash has done in Tampa is incredible.
Three Darkhorse Teams
- Philadelphia Phillies +1400 – Currently hold the top wildcard spot in the National League. This team is the defending National League Champion. A powerful lineup and a couple of front-line starting pitchers will do it.
- Texas Rangers +1600 – the Rangers have taken a free fall as the fall has started to arrive. But a couple of successful weeks will get them into the postseason, and at that point, you never know.
- Minnesota Twins +1900 – the winners of the American League Central will be the 3rd seed in the postseason.
The Eight Underdogs
- Toronto Blue Jays +1900
- Seattle Mariners +2000
- Milwaukee Brewers +2000
- Miami Marlins +4500
- Arizona Diamondbacks +5000
- Chicago Cubs +6000
- Cincinnati Reds +13000
- San Francisco Giants +15000